Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Smoke Beer, Drink Pot, Fart A Lot!


It's Wednesday and I'm exhausted.


I come from a long line of non-sleepers. My great grandmother would stay up and listen to the radio almost all night. My grandmother used to be a CPA, which means from January 1st to April 15th, she rarely slept. We're talking at the most 2 hours a night. She still goes to bed at 2 and is up by 6 or 7.

I too have inherited this disease/affliction/condition/lifestyle.

As long as I can remember, the sleeping fairy has always dodged me. She just goes right past my window and on to my fat schlub of a neighbor.

Keeping up with work in college was easy because I never slept. Multiple weeks I would sleep 8 hours during a 5 day span. Early on in Chicago, it was easy to out write people or out work them because I would just keep going and going and going and this was with two jobs.

In the past few years, I still have the drive and the ability to stay up as long as possible. Getting up has gotten a little rougher but once my feet are on the floor I'm good.

If I get 6 hours of sleep a night, I'm awesome. But lately, it's not sleeplessness, it's full blown insomnia. Even weirder, it's been popping up for no apparent reason. No more stress in my life now than there ever has been. (Actually there is less.) No weird sleep patterns like sleeping 24 hours on Sunday. No changes in diet. Even my dog sleeps more than I do at night.

So maybe I will try the smoke beer, drink pot and fart a lot method to end my exhaustion.

Who knows.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment